Shadow Lawn Mansion is a 130 room, 90,000 square foot mansion built in 1927 by Hubert T. Parson. Horace Trumbauer and assistant Julian f. Abele created the Jersey Shore mansion after the original Shadow Lawn burnt to the ground. For the full history of Shadow Lawn, Click Here. For additional photos, Click Here.
South facade of Shadow 90,000 sqft Shadow Lawn Mansion.
Fountain Gardens looking up at Pompeii Breakfast Room (first floor) and Bertha’s suite (Maysie Parson’s sister / second floor).
Fountain Gardens on west side of home.
South steps leading to one of several entrances to the estate.
North facade of Shadow Lawn. In the past decade, close to $800K was spent to restore the roof above the pillars.
Southeast facade of home. The entry porte-cochere is located on the right. Just above that site Mr. Parson’s bedroom, bathroom, and lounge on the south facade, the master family room on the east facade over the entrance, and Mrs. Parson’s bedroom, bathroom and lounge on the north east side.
The 3 floor and 1 subterranean level servants quarters is a mansion in itself.
The Southern entrance. Mr. Parson’s living room is on the second floor, and large guest sweet on the third floor. Overall, there are 17 bathrooms an 19 master suites.
Written and Photographed by Matthew J. Niewenhous