Additional exterior shots of Boldt Castle.
For full history of Boldt Castle, Click Here.
Boldt Castle Power House. Restored after 1939 fire and deterioration.
Original entrance by boat. Male deer on top called “harts” represent George Boldt’s European heritage. The deer were later added by the Thousand Island Bridge Authority.
The heart of Heart Island
View of the St. Lawrence and Alexandria Bay from the 5th floor of Boldt Castle.
Alster Tower. The Boldt’s lived here while the castle was being constructed.
Boldt Castle. Lowest level contains indoor pool.
Boldt Castle Power House
Matthew J. Niewenhous with Boldt Castle in the background.
Boldt Castle. Lowest level is enclosed tunnel from castle basement to opposite side of island near Power House and original docking.
View from first floor porch towards St. Lawrence River.
Boldt Castle Yacht House located across the river on Wellesly Island.
Boldt Castle and Power House in distance across St. Lawrence River.
Photos by Matthew J. Niewenhous